The Accounting Manager will manage the finance and accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This position will manage the accounts payable function, purchasing function, account reconciliation, and lead the financial close and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements. The Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the CFO and others in analysis of financial results, development, and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls. This position is responsible for ensuring that internal controls are in place and financial reporting is accurate and timely.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all revenue earned and costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, ensuring account balance reconciliations are performed, analyzing preliminary financial results, explain variances, and prepare final reports.
- Work closely with the revenue cycle to provide analysis of third-party collections and revenue and recommend actions to maximize revenue and reduce risk and exposure.
- Interact with all levels and with budget owners to produce timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close, internal management, and other financial reports.
- Responsible for the chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements. Collaborates with CFO to ensure proper classification and booking of all general ledger transactions. Establish clear processes around key controls, including journal entries and reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Manage the usage of and maintains the company general ledger account structure and accounting software program, Sage Intacct.
- Lead the day-to-day accounting functions, participate in the ongoing development and establishment of accounting policies, procedures, and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Perform internal finance processes to ensure grant expenses and revenue are captured properly each month. Perform any necessary periodic grant analysis and reasonableness tests relating to Federal and State grants.
- Maintain the fixed asset system including journal entries and month end reports.
- Contribute to the development the annual budget and monthly financial performance projections.
- Manage process and collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance, prepare necessary work papers for the annual audits (financial, 401k).
- Prepare work papers necessary for the corporation’s annual Medicaid/Medicare Cost reports and federal Uniform Data System report. Provides any necessary information requested.
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and study regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Manage a team of accounting and finance professionals, which includes their coaching, development, and performance management.
- Maximize Sage Intacct, our general ledger system and lead integration of the accounting team in FHLC operations.
- Adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. They need to be good at pacing teams to meet deadlines, while also supporting accuracy and attention to details. They also need to be a good communicator and invest in the team to teach them, but also clearly describing expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. Minimum of four or more years’ experience in accounting with two years in a management role preferred.
- CPA designation preferable.
- Strong technical accounting skills with demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices.
- Ability to be self-directed and effectively manage your own time to deliver assignments.
- Ability to accept multiple tasks, work on them in a prioritized manner, and complete them in a timely fashion.
- Ability to ensure team assignments are clear and drives personal accountability to achieve goals.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.