Behavioral Health Care Coordinator
The purpose of this position is to provide enhanced support to specific patient populations within FHLC to improve patient outcomes and support optimal care team communication and teamwork. The Program Specialist will be housed within the Behavioral Health team. The patient populations will be identified by FHLC leadership with input from medical team. The Program Specialist will work closely with the Behavioral Health Consultants (BHC) and medical providers in their role of coordinating care.
- Active management of list of patients in the behavioral health department:
- Working with Patient Services Navigators (PSN) in coordinating with care team on any needs to connect with community services.
- Outreach to patients in the event of no-shows or no follow-up appointment scheduled. Connect patient with scheduling team after outreach to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinating with area hospitals in the event of psychiatric admissions to coordinate appropriate discharge planning.
- coordinating with the County to advocate for patients to receive CCS or similar level of care if needed.
- working actively with patients to assist in engagement in outpatient services, as well as medical follow-up in primary care as needed.
- Coordinating with the care team on any needs.
- Coordination and tracking of our MAT patient population for adherence to program guidelines.
- Adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
This position requires an individual, who can work independently, is able to work under pressure, and has excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective telephone skills.
- Organizational skills to manage patient lists.
- Ability to coordinate care with BHC team and larger care teams.
- Strong communication skills to use directly with patients and with care team members.
- Strong writing skills for documentation and communication with care team members.
- Computer skills including ability to navigate EPIC.
- Program planning skills to be involved with ongoing development of case manager role
- Timeliness and responsiveness.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
- Strong patient/customer service skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates cultural competence with patients and staff.
- Open to continuous learning to build effectiveness.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in social work/social services required.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use MS Office and EPIC.
- CPR/BLS certification required within six months of hire.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.