Certified Pharmacy Technician
Note: This is a casual position.
Pharmacy technicians assist the pharmacist in the preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Pharmacy technician activities are performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with patients, visitors, support staff, provider staff, and leadership to ensure appropriate provision of pharmacy services:
- Ability to handle stressful situations, and the capacity to function under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist
- Relates well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Read and interpret physicians’ medication orders
- Prepare and package medications
- Re-package and label medications
- Maintain drug inventory through inventory control processes
- Check expiration dates and medications on a regular basis
- Provide customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Triage request and prioritize them.
- Builds a positive work environment by working cooperatively within the organization through teamwork, interpersonal skills, and personal improvement/initiative.
- Adhere to safety practices in order to ensure quality care for patients.
- Adhere to FHLC polies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public.
- Basic mathematics skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure.
- Effective computer and keyboarding skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to make decisions independently and effectively.
- Able to operate equipment such as computers, scan guns, tablet counter and cash registers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) required.
- At least 1 year of recent experience in retail pharmacy.
- Familiarity with pharmacy practice settings, legal requirements and limitations, prescription information and calculations, drug identification and generic equivalents, drug manufacturing, packaging and labeling information and proper drug handling and storage practices.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy information systems.
- Previous Use of Pioneer Computer System preferred
- BLS certification required at time of hire.
English required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) language desirable. Ability to read & interpret documents, Ability to speak effectively before individuals.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.