Assists dentists by providing chair side assistance, performing x-rays, setting up rooms, seating patients, preparing quotes of DSS, charting in dental record and assisting to ensure patient needs are met in a professional & timely manner.
- Prepares patients for dental care services, sterilizes and disinfects instruments, sets up instrument trays, prepares materials and assists dentist during dental procedures.
- Assists in recording medical & dental histories.
- Exposes and develop diagnostic dental x-rays.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and dental operatory cleaning and preparation. Assures adequate inventory of necessary supplies and instruments are in their proper places in the operatories and other areas of the clinic to support that day’s work.
- Pours, trims, and polishes stone models.
- Assists dentist in management of medical and dental emergencies.
- Instructs patients in oral hygiene and plaque control programs and provides postoperative instructions to patient as prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records
- Maintain aseptic techniques.
- Assist with regular maintenance of dental equipment.
- Polishes teeth and applies topical fluoride to child’s teeth as prescribed by the dentist, including plaque control techniques.
- Assist in communicating necessary treatment and fees and in arranging financial agreements with patients.
- Attends internal/external meetings as deemed appropriate by department supervisor and within budget constraints.
- Attends OSHA training sessions annually and observes policy and procedures as they pertain to OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.