Dental Assistant Supervisor
The Dental Assistant Supervisor will assist with the oversight of department operations & patient flow in collaboration with the Dental Practice Manager. Provides training & supervision to Dental Assistants.
- Functions as a working supervisor with supervision duties and Dental Assistant responsibilities. Provides support for dental department when Practice Manager is unavailable.
- Supervises the Dental Assistants, including those who support Hygienists and perform sterilization responsibilities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include assisting the practice manager in planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists with development and revision of policies as necessary.
- Assists in onboarding new employees; training and coaching them on core position competencies to ensure successful orientation, as well as assessing and performing ongoing training, as needed.
- Coordinates and/or participates in staff in-service training, as directed.
- Maintains SDS sheets and emergency kits in the office to ensure that they are stocked properly and up to date.
- Review’s lab invoices.
- Completes Affordable Care applications and prior authorization forms.
- May complete daily bank deposits.
- Reviews referral log and assures referrals are completed.
- Knowledgeable of the HRSA Program Requirements as it relates to Dental and Community Health Centers.
- Monitors patient scheduling to ensure high levels of productivity.
- Assists in the interviewing and selection process of new hires.
- Coordinates schedules of staff to ensure proper coverage. Monitors timesheets for accuracy and approves for payroll processing. Approves PTO requests based on eligible accrued time.
- Monitors supply inventory and office supplies purchases as necessary. Tracks outside service invoices and approves for payment.
- Assists in ensuring assures that all staff operates equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions to ensure a safe work environment.
- Coordinates or assists with staff meetings to focusing on ways to meet patient needs and improve patient satisfaction.
- Is cross trained in all areas of the dental department and provides back up coverage/support during staff absenteeism/vacation, lunch breaks and during busy times.
- Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Secondary education preferred. Past supervisory experience is preferred. Dental Assistant training or experience preferred.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.