Family Nurse Practitioner
Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, in collaboration with Physician.
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
- Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as appropriate.
- Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Participate in training to better patient care such as learning evidence-based approaches to self-management support, proactively addressing the needs of patients and families in this community, cultural competency, OSHA, HIPPA and EHR, office standing orders, patient population management, computer literacy and skills, communication skills, etc.
- Ability to grow the team and work collaboratively in a team-based approach with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients, and patient’s families.
- Remains current in advanced practice changes within specialized area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational endeavors and appropriate associations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality
- Adheres to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently as well as in a group, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A master’s degree in nursing is required.
- 4+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Experience in ambulatory care preferred.
- Knowledge of QA/QI processes preferred.
- Experience in the use of a EMR system preferred.
- Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber License and Certified Nurse Practitioner. DEA registration certificate required.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.