Mobile Health Aide – Now to August (Bilingual in Spanish)
This position will run from Now to August.
A health aide is expected to assist patients and clinical providers through the process and procedures necessary for the patient to complete health care visits on FHLC’s Migrant Mobile Health Unit and to assist in the preparation, cleaning, maintenance, resupplying, and general operation of the mobile unit. Primary job responsibilities include interpretation between patients and non-Spanish speaking providers, gathering patients’ information for registration and clinical record-keeping, and preparing patients for visits with the clinicians. Health Aides may be assigned duties with an emphasis on Clinical and/or Registration duties.
All Health Aide duties
- Adhere to OSHA & HIPAA requirements
- Provide Spanish/English interpretation for monolingual providers and patients.
- Assist with notifying patients of results and recommended action.
- Take turns driving the mobile unit (a recreational vehicle) and taking responsibility for refueling, checking oil and water, draining holding tank, and other routine maintenance.
- Maintain inventory of medical and office supplies.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Mobile Unit and the van inside and out.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the storage room and the mobile unit office in the clinic.
- Complete set-up and break-down procedures at clinic sites including setting up and taking down tents, tables, chairs, and securing equipment for travel.
- Maintains high customer service standards.
- Maintains confidentiality standards.
- Knowledge of 19 core requirements and other unique characteristics of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Clinical Emphasis duties:
- Obtain patient’s health information and health history.
- Prepare patients for visits including measuring and documenting vital signs (height, weight, pulse, and blood pressure).
- Set up for pelvic/PAP exams, and assist clinicians as needed.
- Perform start-up of machines, run controls, and analyze to ensure maintenance and correct operation of machines.
- Perform shutdown and cleaning of lab machines.
- Obtain lab specimens as ordered by Provider and secure a requisition before performing tests. Prior to collecting the specimen, determine if patient has Medicare/needs ABN.
- Perform lab tests as ordered after orders have been entered into chart by provider.
- Informs Provider of lab results immediately.
- Follows phlebotomy protocols.
- Adhere to FHLC lab workflows and procedures following the guidelines under our CLIA certificate
- Maintain lab logs/records
- Monitor lab supply inventory
- Accurately enter results into Electronic Health Record after requisitions have been created
- Accurately label all lab specimens with patient name, date of birth, date of service, time, and lab assistant’s initials at the time of collection.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.