Patient Access Supervisor
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for overseeing daily activities related to registration and patient access services operations to ensure quality, accuracy and financial clearance is completed on every patient visit at the time of patient check in. This role is responsible for the oversite of patient registrations, insurance and authorization verification on accounts, POS collections, and financial counseling referrals in accordance with Family Health La Clinica policies, protocols, and practices. This position has direct supervision of assigned registration staff and provides day-to-day mentoring, supervision, and training of direct reports.
• Oversees Patient Access functions including patient registration, point-of-service cash collection, payments and cash posting for at all locations.
• Serves as a point of contact for registration issues related to patient check in, same day add-on patients, and payment collections and posting.
• Stays current on any Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payer changes and adjusts workflows to ensure compliance.
• Ensures that the activities conducted within registration operations are conducted in a manner that are compliant with organizational policies and protocols as well as Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements.
• Utilizes continuous improvement processes to monitor and improve quality, productivity, and efficiency within the patient registration process.
• Works collaboratively with other departments to solve interdepartmental issues, address patient concerns, and educate on process improvement to the patient registration process.
• Performs administrative and supervisory duties for assigned staff in accordance with the organization’s policies, applicable laws, and provides mentoring and training for employees; hiring new employees, disciplinary action, work assignments and directing work, performance appraisals and competency assessments; employee recognition and retention.
• Coordinates schedules of assigned staff to ensure proper coverage. Monitors timesheets for accuracy and approves for payroll processing. Approves PTO requests based on eligible accrued time. Approves overtime, as necessary.
• Responsible for analyzing and utilizing management reports as needed to improve registration functions including, but not limited to, accuracy and productivity.
• Responsible for developing and implementing practice policies, protocols, and workflows to continually improve the patient registration experience.
• Participates in the development and implementation of Revenue Cycle processes, policies, and procedures.
• Serves as an EPIC super user. Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
• Routinely reviews Medicare/Medicaid websites to stay current on upcoming or recent changes to ensure compliance in standards/guidelines.
• Responsible for performing Competency Assessments on supervised staff at 90-days from date of hire, and annually thereafter.
• Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
• Regular and Reliable Attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be able to lead a team to successfully meet targets, metrics, and goals.
Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform successfully in their role.
Ability to work collaboratively and lead teams to complete assignments, improve processes, and enhance the patient experience.
Must be able to work autonomously, make decisions independently, and meet required deadlines.
Must have excellent analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and peers.
Associates degree or higher preferred. Will consider significant (minimum 5 years) related experience working within Revenue Cycle operations in the health care environment in lieu of a degree.
Previous supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Experience working in health care patient access with knowledge of patient registration, upfront collections and customer service best practices required.
Experience in healthcare revenue cycle operations preferred.
Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9 codes, HIPAA, insurance regulations, medical terminology, insurance benefits and FQHC regulations strongly preferred.
Family Health La Clinica (FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.