Provides primary care to patients under the direction of physician extender in the clinic following established standards, practices, and protocols.
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, and compiles patient medical data, including health history and results of physical examination.
- Administers or orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interprets test results for deviations from normal.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Makes independent provider judgments, collaborating with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of QA/QI processes, participates in QA/QI meetings as needed.
- Assists clinical staff with patient referral process to other health care providers.
- Participate in training to better patient care such as learning evidence-based approaches to self-management support, proactively addressing the needs of patients and families in this community, cultural competency, OSHA, HIPPA and EHR, office standing orders, patient population management, computer literacy and skills, communication skills, etc.
- Ability to grow the team and work collaboratively in a team-based approach with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients and patients’ families.
- Remains current in advanced practice changes within specialized area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
- Demonstrates ongoing professional growth through participation in relevant educational endeavors and appropriate associations.
- Adheres to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently as well as in a group, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies required.
- Knowledge of QA/QI processes preferred.
- Experience in the use of a EMR system preferred.
- Physician Assistant License required
- DEA registration certificate required.
- BLS certification must be kept current.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.