Practice Manager Medical and Behavioral Health
This position provides leadership and oversight for all strategic, operational, financial, and quality services for all assigned areas. Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies and ensures that all services are functioning on a fully-integrated level while maintaining the highest degree of clinical and patient satisfaction. Works in partnership and joint accountability with other team members to achieve FHLC’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Acts as the single point of contact for department operations and delegates accordingly.
- Identifies needs for additional services in collaboration with providers and leadership staff.
- Carries out the strategic plans and operational goals for the department under the direction of the appropriate service-line Director.
- Works with members of administration team (Human Resources, IT, Revenue Cycle, Finance, Marketing, QI, Facilities, etc.) in the development and implementation of projects, protocols, and policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate ordering of supplies and managing of inventory levels.
- Represents the organization as an ambassador; working with other leaders within the same community to ensure consistent communication with external partners.
- Facilitate patient access to appropriate medical and specialty providers
- Follows FHLC’s policy to resolve patient complaints.
- Facilitate and attend meetings between patient, family/caregiver(s), care team, and community resources, as needed
- Participates in quality improvement efforts by utilizing dashboards, tracking tools and providing quality reporting data monthly in order to meet all clinical quality and productivity standards.
- Consults with clinicians, administrators, and QI teams on CQI activities such as chart reviews and accurate and complete documentation and coding, providing technical support and staff education as necessary. Ensures the gathering of QI data from clinical department.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings and/or daily huddles to support communications, deliver training, and ensure compliance with FHLC policies and administrative processes.
- Responsible for effective use of Electronic Health Records (EHR) including oversight of staff usage, coordination of training, and patient flow.
- Promotes effective and appropriate use of integrated health services at FHLC as part of a “Patient Centered Medical Home” (PCMH) model of care.
- Provides leadership for the development of policies and procedures designed to guide activities, ensuring that the site/service line operates in a consistent, financially solvent and high-quality manner.
- Provides consistent communication to the Administrative Team, ensuring that information, reports, and materials are provided to clearly describe activities and progress toward agreed upon objectives.
- Ability to lead and manage in a rapidly changing environment
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG, guidelines, and other State and Federal laws).
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that the department is always appropriately and adequately staffed
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources to fill staff vacancies. Screens candidates and conducts interviews. Makes hiring recommendations to Human Resources.
- Ensure a smooth onboarding of new staff members.
- Manages departmental scheduling, reviews and approves timesheets for payroll. Approves PTO as requested. Approves Overtime as necessary.
- Manages (non-provider) employees’ performance and conducts performance evaluations and implements timely Performance Improvement Plans as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing feedback that recognizes, identifies, and supports when improvement is recommended and when excellence is achieved to team members regarding productivity, quality of patient care, operational assessment, customer service and teamwork.
- Addresses concerns and resolves problems within the department.
- Responsible for working with employees to ensure that each employee understands their job description, the desired results associated with their work, and the resources available to achieve the results. Related to this is also the responsibility of training and developing employees to ensure they are capable for performing their duties.
- Manages department budget.
- Utilizes programs and policies which will assist patients in meeting financial obligations for treatment.
- Responsible for financial management of his/her assigned service line. Monitor monthly financial statements and client/patient visits. Manage revenue, expenses, and staffing to ensure successful operations and financial stability.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills are required.
- Requires experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to strongly embrace and personify the mission of FHLC.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with a diverse group of health care professionals.
- Ability to organize, direct, prioritizes, and delegate work appropriately.
Excellent analytical skills necessary for preparing financial, and administrative tasks.
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school highly desired. Will consider years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong ability to read and interpret data.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft products required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience working in an EMR system (Epic).
- Previous experience as Practice Manager highly desirable.
- Three or more years of management experience with at least one year of experience in a (Medical and Behavioral Health as appropriate) environment including supervisory experience preferred.
- Local knowledge about connections to community health care and social welfare resources is desirable.
- CPR certification required within six months of hire.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.