Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Provides general medical care and treatment to patients in medical facility such as clinic, health center, or public health agency, in collaboration with Physician, by performing the following duties.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures.
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
• Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition.
• Discusses case with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as appropriate.
• Submits health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluation by Physician.
• Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
• Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
• Participate in training to better patient care such as learning evidence-based approaches to self-management support, proactively addressing the needs of patients and families in this community, cultural competency, OSHA, HIPPA and EHR, office standing orders, patient population management, computer literacy and skills, communication skills, etc.
• Ability to grow the team and work collaboratively in a team-based approach with clinical and non-clinical staff, patients and patients families.
• Additional trainings will be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor or provider.
• Knowledge of QA/QI processes, participates in QA/QI meetings as needed.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently as well as in a group, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber License and Certified Nurse Practitioner. DEA registration certificate
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.