Registered Dental Hygienist
Implements dental hygiene and prevention program which maximizes patient contact and treatment completion and moves patients into routine recall status. Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease. Hours are flexible.
- Perform oral prophylaxis as prescribed by dentist including cleaning of calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Perform periodontal treatment and maintenance as prescribed by dentist. Examines gums for signs of disease and does routine oral cancer screening of mouth, chin, neck and lymph nodes to detect swelling, tenderness or other symptoms or abnormalities.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist. Applies fluorides and other cavity preventing agents as prescribed by the dentist.
- Update and maintain current health histories noting areas of medical concern. Exposes and develops diagnostic x-ray film.
- Provides clinical services and health education to improve and maintain patient oral health. Conducts dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Establish effective recall system.
- Maintains CPR certification & state licensure. Assists with financial arrangements.
- Attends internal/external meetings as deemed appropriate by department supervisor and within budget constraints.
- Attends OSHA training sessions annually and observes policy and procedures as they pertain to OSHA standards and guidelines.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.