Registered Dental Hygienist
Part-Time Position (Beaver Dam)
Full-Time or Part-Time Position (Wautoma)
Implements dental hygiene and prevention program which maximizes patient contact and treatment completion and moves patients into routine recall status. Performs dental measures designed to preserve teeth and prevent the spread of oral disease. Hours are flexible between 32-40 hours per week.
- Perform oral prophylaxis as prescribed by dentist including cleaning of calcareous deposits, accretions and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums.
- Perform periodontal treatment and maintenance as prescribed by dentist. Examines gums for signs of disease and does routine oral cancer screening of mouth, chin, neck and lymph nodes to detect swelling, tenderness or other symptoms or abnormalities.
- Charts conditions of decay and disease for diagnosis and treatment by dentist. Applies fluorides and other cavity preventing agents as prescribed by the dentist.
- Update and maintain current health histories noting areas of medical concern. Exposes and develops diagnostic x-ray film.
- Provides clinical services and health education to improve and maintain patient oral health. Conducts dental health clinics for community groups to augment services of dentist.
- Establish effective recall system.
- Maintains CPR certification & state licensure. Assists with financial arrangements.
- Attends internal/external meetings as deemed appropriate by department supervisor and within budget constraints.
- Attends OSHA training sessions annually and observes policy and procedures as they pertain to OSHA standards and guidelines.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who can work independently, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. The ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public.
- Graduate of accredited dental hygiene program. CPR certificate required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) language desirable.
- Ability to read & interpret documents, reports & correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or individuals
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.