Scheduling Center Representative
Keeps workflow of patient appointments in all sites efficient by scheduling regular appointments and assisting in the triage of emergency and walk-in appointments. Allows adequate time for registration, service and procedures, and check out of patients with the objective of keeping patient appointments on time. Collects and verifies registration and billing information. Responds to general questions that patients may have about services and preparation for appointments.
- Use a customer service approach with patients on the phone and schedule patient appointments with clinical providers and other professionals using the Epic and Dentrix software systems.
- Post schedules and update schedules regularly throughout the day with cancellations, walk-ins, and emergency patients.
- Take all necessary pre-registration information from a new patient for scheduling, including current phone or contact number, address, and payer information. These details are confirmed upon check-in for the appointment.
- Obtains detailed insurance or payer information and works with billing on real-time verification of coverage.
- Assist with triaging phone calls – handle and route all clinic phone calls as required.
- Maintain patient call lists for patients who are Available on Short Notice (ASN), for efficient and effective management of provider schedules.
- Call patients when authorization for procedures is received and schedule appropriately.
- Explain the consent required for guardians of minors or other patients under guardianship.
- Maintain sensitivity and adjust response to patients and family members with other backgrounds (language and culture).
- Communicate regularly with the front desk staff and monitor the schedule for each site to determine patient traffic and significant blocks of no shows where another patient may be added.
- Coordinate with patient service representatives at the Wautoma site for back-up and extended hour coverage.
- Counsel and assist patients in making financial arrangements for payment based on payor status and patient’s needs.
- Attend internal/external meetings as needed and/or required by the supervisor.
- Maintain high customer service standards to reflect a positive image of the organization.
- Work toward achieving performance and quality metrics identified for the Scheduling Center.
- Maintain patient confidentiality, following Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of requirements and other unique characteristics of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- Other duties as assigned.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual, who has the ability to work independently, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public. Proficient skill in MS Office.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in scheduling appointments in a call center and/or healthcare setting.