Expert in ensuring patient access is optimized for assigned location through efficient appointment scheduling, provider schedule maintenance, and assisting with in person patient registration and follow up appointments. Allows adequate time for registration and patient scheduling, while ensuring excellent customer service, accuracy in data collection, and timeliness to ensure patient are on time for their appointments. Collects and verifies registration and billing information at time of scheduling as well as in person when needed. Appropriately triages questions from patients regarding upcoming or potential appointments.
• Schedules patient appointments with clinical providers and other professionals using the Epic and Dentrix software systems.
• Maintains assigned schedules regularly throughout the day to address cancellations, walk-ins, and emergency patients.
• Accurately enters patient registration information during scheduling and patient check in
• Accurately enters patient insurance information and ensures real-time verification of coverage.
• Assist with triaging phone calls – handle and route all clinic phone calls as required.
• Maintains patient call lists for patients to ensure efficient and effective daily management of provider schedules.
• Educates patient on any requirements for upcoming appointment
• Communicates regularly with other departments to ensure the schedules are updated daily and provider utilization is at expected capacity each day
• Provides back up coverage for other registration and scheduling areas as assigned
• Attends and participates in projects and meetings as required.
• Maintains high customer service standards to reflect a positive image of the organization.
• Meets defined performance standard and quality metrics identified for the Scheduling Center.
• Maintains patient confidentiality, following Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements.
• Maintains knowledge of requirements and other unique characteristics of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
• Train new hires and provides education on scheduling practices.
• Must adhere to FHLC policies and procedures.
• Regular and Reliable Attendance.
Family Health La Clinica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires an individual who can work independently, is able to work under pressure, is analytical and has excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to respect the confidentiality of patient information while performing job duties. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public. Proficient skill in MS Office.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of two years of experience in scheduling patient appointments, registering patients, and verifying insurance in a healthcare or dental setting strongly preferred.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.